The Heritage at Northern Hills
$ Call for Rates
4000/4002 Teton Trace, Sioux City, IA 51104
Care Types: Assisted Living
No retirement community in the Sioux City, Iowa area can boast the long-standing, positive reputation that Northern Hills Independent Living & Assisted Living merits. The community has retained the same director throughout its 15 years serving seniors. “People know what they’re going to get,” says senior living counselor Sheryl Ford.
Northern Hills’ mission is to view residents as family members and individuals with unique interests. Specific needs are addressed as they evolve. Ms. Ford loves that “we meet people where they’re at.” Seeing themselves as an extension of residents’ families, employees of Northern Hills have made the care of each senior top priority. …. SHOW MORE
Nestled within the Leeds neighborhood in Sioux City, the community fits in with the region’s style so that Northern Hills residents feel they are a part of the community. Small pets are welcome, a comfort to not only the owners, but to the other residents, as well. Assisted living residents enjoy full-sized refrigerators and microwaves, paid cable TV and Internet, complimentary laundry facilities, detached garages, an onsite beauty salon, and a lovely courtyard.
Especially noteworthy is the community’s award-winning enrichment program. Facilitators are willing to change the program according to residents’ preferences. Upon arrival, clients are interviewed not only about their physical needs, but their interests and favorite activities. Outings to see plays and other performances, farmers’ markets and participation in cultural and recreational activities are commonplace for Northern Hills. And frequently, the entertainment comes to the facility, including musical performers and other amusements.
And the food! Northern Hills provides an elegant, well-appointed dining room with top-notch meals, based on resident favorites, and even a private dining room is available at no charge for parties. Schedule a tour to experience Northern Hills for yourself.
Northern Hills Assisted Living includes four levels of care based on the time necessary to perform each service. Third-party providers, such as home health and hospice care, are available onsite.
- Certified and attentive onsite care staff 24/7
- Three restaurant-style meals and snacks every day
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly laundry (sheets and towels)
- Weekly whirlpool bath, supervised
- Transportation with a wheelchair lift to medical appointments, shopping and outings
- Numerous on-site services including movies, religious services and so much more!
- Personal safety pendant call system for 24-hour assistance
- Nice view of the hills
- Residential feel
- 2-bedroom apartments
- English Language
- Free Transportation Services
- Full-size kitchen
- Guests Allowed at Meal Time
- Housekeeping Services Available
- In-house Laundry and Drycleaning
- In-House Religious Services
- In-house Skilled Nursing
- Kitchenette in resident rooms
- Community Dining Available
- Medication Administration
- Laundry Services for Linens
- Offsite Activities Available
- On-site haircuts/barber services
- On-site Resident Parking
- Outdoor Patios and Gardens
- Recreation room
- Respite Care Available
- Single Room Units Available
- Skilled nursing services
- Some Pets Are Allowed
- Studio Apartments Available