Silvergate Rancho Bernardo
$ Call for Rates
16061 Avenida Venusto, San Diego, CA 92128
Care Types: Alzheimer’s Care
Newly constructed, the separate Memory Care Suites building on Silvergate’s beautiful retirement campus provides seniors with a higher level of award-winning care in a secure, nurturing environment. Our “Neighborhood Design” eliminates long hallways for a more familiar home-like setting. Drawing on 30 years of operating experience, Silvergate has assembled a top-notch team of veteran nurses to deliver truly compassionate dementia and Alzheimer’s care via the “A Positive Approach To Care” model. Nursing Director/staff trainer Certified by Teepa Snow.
Designed To Feel Like A Familiar Neighborhood
Silvergate Memory Care Suites – located in a dedicated building on the retirement community’s beautiful 11-acre campus – created an easy-to-navigate “Neighborhood” floorplan with an intimate feel for its residents living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease or memory loss. The design provides for a more personalized, home-like approach to resident care. Divided into four uniquely themed “Neighborhoods,” each ideally sized community floorplan space features 12 resident suites gathered around a central, shared living room, kitchen, and dining room space. …. SHOW MORE
This distinct design provides the greatest degree of resident comfort, engagement, and supervision while keeping residents safe and secure every day. No corridors or hallways to wander means residents are less likely to feel anxious or confused – which gives seniors living with memory loss a comfortable, familiar environment in which to live.
High Caregiver-to-Resident Ratio Ensures Better Care
By offering one of the highest caregiver-to-resident ratios in the industry, our team of experienced professionals can meet the needs of families who are looking for round-the-clock, high-touch care seven days a week. By having more eyes on fewer residents, families can rest assured that their loved one’s care and safety are in excellent hands each and every day.
“A Positive Approach” Focuses On What’s Left…Not What’s Lost
For residents who are experiencing memory loss, Silvergate uses the well-known “A Positive Approach To Care” TM model first introduced by trusted industry expert, Teepa Snow. This care method concentrates on positive interactions and finding joy in the moment. Our certified nurses and trained staff deliver best-in-class care with respect, sensitivity and dignity through the use of this proven, successful care model. A positive approach means we can focus on what’s left…not what’s lost.
Amenities For Seniors Offering Both Style & Sophistication
- Family Dining Room – Private – This elegant, private dining space allows families to reserve a special place to celebrate memorable occasions or gather with loved ones for birthdays, anniversaries, or holidays.
- Memory Care Activity Room – An ongoing roster of fun things to do and indoor activities rotate daily in the beautiful Suites Activity Room. With a picturesque view to the secure outside terrace, creativity and engaging pursuits are always underway in the heart of the Memory Care Suites building.
- Salon & Styling Services – One of the community’s full-service salons is located right in the Memory Care Suites building, making it a breeze for residents take on a fresh look and enjoy an afternoon of self-pampering. Salon services are just a few steps away from the front door of each individual Memory Care Suite.
- Quiet Conversation Corners – With multiple intimate spaces found throughout the building, opportunities for quiet, one-on-one conversations with friends or family are always just around the corner.
Delicious Meals & Snacks Made With Senior Nutrition In Mind
Nutrition plays an important role in fostering brain health and helping maintain physical and mental well-being. To that end, Silvergate’s Executive Chef creates meal plans designed to meet the unique needs of seniors and those living with memory impairment. The talented culinary team in Silvergate’s state-of-the-art, gourmet kitchen, dreams up new and appealing culinary creations that delight the taste buds every time.
Moments of Joy Built Into A Dynamic Activities Roster
Our compassionate staff plans and implements fun and diverse memory-enhancing activities every day — to help residents find joy in meaningful moments. Through the use of cognitive, physical, reminiscence, and occupational therapies, they find a myriad of ways to encourage resident involvement in community activities and events. Physical activity, sensory stimulation, and social engagement are consistently a part of our successful Memory Care Activities Program.SHOW LESS
- Adults 55 and over accepted
- Rooms Wired w/ Cable
- Arts and crafts area
- Common Areas with TVs
- Free High-Speed WiFi access
- Gardening group
- Hospice Services
- Housekeeping Services Available
- In-house Laundry and Drycleaning
- In-House Religious Services
- In-house Skilled Nursing
- Entry Fee Required
- Kosher meals
- Medication Administration
- On-site Resident Parking
- Paid Transportation Services
- Physical Therapist Services
- Respite Care Available
- Licensed by the State
- Scheduled Occupational Therapist Visits
- Semi-Private Apartments/Rooms
- Some Pets Are Allowed
- Studio Apartments Available
- Vegetarian Dietary Restrictions
- Yoga/chair yoga classes