Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens
$ Call for Rates
35-15 Parsons Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354
Care Types: Nursing Care
Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens is a place you can call home. Our staff is warm and compassionate with diverse cultural backgrounds so every patient can feel at home and comfortable. Our highly qualified nursing staff is able to perform diagnostic procedures within our facility such as EKGs, bladder scans, X-Rays and ultrasounds. The majority of our nurses have acute and critical care experience, rehab, geriatric and IV certification.
We also have internal wound care certified RNs for 24/7 skin, wound and ostomy care. Our health care team also includes rehab, social work and dietary staff with post-graduate degrees. Our staff is devoted to each and every patient ensuring they receive optimum care including a dignified end of life care. …. SHOW MORE
Whether you’re recovering from an injury, illness or surgery, our personalized post-acute care services will aid in your recovery. We offer a range of therapy services to help you on your road to recovery.
We also offer long-term skilled care for those who require ongoing care while recovering from a surgery, those requiring memory care or those who have been diagnosed with a terminal medical condition.
We Specialize in the Following Services:
- Post-Acute Care specializing in stroke/cardiac, orthopedic, surgical and medical conditions
- Long-term skilled care
- State of the art Short-term rehabilitation care, Pain Management care and modalities (Physical therapy, Occupational therapy & Speech therapy)
- Short Wave Diathermy (SWD)
- Functional Electric Stimulation (FES)
- Ultrasound (US)
- Wound Care Protocols
- Respiratory care including Trach and Bipap
- Palliative, hospice and comfort care
- Dementia and Alzheimer care
- Korean and Chinese unit available
- Long-term antibiotic treatment through central and peripheral lines
At Sapphire Center, our utmost goal is to ensure patient-centered care, which is KEY to individuality and independence. We’re proud to provide meaningful therapeutic recreational activities that focus on resident’s interests, benefits, and ultimately to improve our patients quality-of-life.
There are choices beyond measure of therapeutic recreational activities being conducted daily on each respective unit, as well as centralized program activities located on the first floor in the main garden room.
A Sample of Activities:
- Live entertainment/performances
- Harp performances
- Movie matinees (Netflix available)
- Array of film choices
- Exercise Programs
- Tai Chi
- Chair Aerobics
- Sensory stimulation
- Aroma therapy relaxation
- Paint and sip classes
- Traveling pets programs
- Cultural activities – monthly/holiday-specified
- Religious services
- Music therapy
At Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens we strive to provide the highest quality of care to each of our patients by offering a range of services to meet your needs. Our goal is to keep you as healthy as possible by offering care when you need us most.
- Five-Star Nursing & Rehabilitation Facility awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Administrator member of American College of Health Administrators
- Administrator recipient of CMS Outstanding Achievement award for Reducing
- Administrator is 2016 Recipient of Lily Leadership Award
In 2018, administrator Jerry Enella was awarded the Eli Pick Facility Leadership Award by the American College of Health Care Administrators.SHOW LESS
- Semi-Private Apartments/Rooms
- Some Pets Are Allowed