Elderwood Village at Colonie
$ Call for Rates
626 Watervliet Shaker Road, Latham, NY 12110
Care Types: Assisted Living
Elderwood Village at Colonie is a Latham, NY Assistive Living community that provides the right blend of supportive assistance, great amenities, and a personalized experience tailored to your needs.
We are just minutes away from Albany, Schenectady, Troy and Saratoga County and all the area has to offer! Our ideal location makes trips to shopping, dining, parks and cultural events very convenient and allows for tremendous opportunity. …. SHOW MORE
Residents at our community get to enjoy a customized experience — tailored to their likes and interests. We like to provide options to our seniors, from the types of apartments available to our care plans. You’ll be able to make decisions that allow you to create an Assisted Living lifestyle personalized to you.
For residents that need a little more assistance, our staff is trained to help seniors with the daily tasks they need, including cooking, cleaning, dressing, grooming and medication management. But our goal is to allow you as much independence as possible to live a safe and healthy lifestyle.
Our community is characterized by our home-like feeling and warm, friendly staff. Each of studio apartments allows for privacy, while our large common areas are inviting and plentiful. Our residents know that they are safe, secure and treated with respect.
No stairs or elevators here! Our community is a single story building situated on over 7 acres that feature wildlife such as turkeys, deer, rabbits, and multiple bird species. We have 94 private studio senior apartments, each with a private bath, individualized climate control and large windows.
Our staff is focused on providing the highest quality activities and social programs for our residents. To that end, we spend time with each resident individually to learn about interests, hobbies and new learning opportunities. Elderwood Village at Colonie features a wide variety of programs designed to keep our residents healthy and engaged.
From Wii tournaments to karaoke contests, there is something for everyone! Birthday celebrations, social hours and live entertainment are featured monthly, in addition to a variety of stimulating daily activities.
When it’s time for a meal, you’ll be treated to the same experience you’d find at a fine dining restaurant. Three homemade meals are served restaurant-style each day. Each meal is prepared using menus developed by skilled dietitians. Special treats are also scheduled, such as pizza parties, make-your-own-sundaes, cookouts and more!
LIFE AT ELDERWOOD
- Comfortable private rooms with bath, walk-in showers, individualized climate control and call system
- Weekly housekeeping, laundry and scheduled transportation services
- Round-the-clock supervision
- Medication management and assistance with dressing, bathing and grooming
- Attractive, safe and secure single-level building
- Pleasant dining experience at every meal
- Wellness programs, daily activities and regular outings
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Enclosed courtyard with walking paths and gardening areas with raised beds
- Arts and crafts studio
- Cafe / Bistro
- Library, game room, billiards table and theater
- Full-service hair salon
- Pet friendly
- Part of the Elderwood community of service
Thank you for your interest at Elderwood Village at Colonie. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.SHOW LESS
- English Language
- Free Transportation Services
- Housekeeping Services Available
- In-house Laundry and Drycleaning
- In-House Religious Services
- In-house Skilled Nursing
- Community Dining Available
- Medication Administration
- Laundry Services for Linens
- Offsite Activities Available
- On-site haircuts/barber services
- Outdoor Patios and Gardens
- Some Pets Are Allowed
- Studio Apartments Available