Academy House Residential Care Homes- Harvard House
$ Call for Rates
4012 Harvard Avenue, Metairie, LA 70006
Care Types: Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Care
There is an alternative to “nursing homes,” and to large “assisted living” facilities, for yourself or your loved one!
Many seniors simply do not want or need a nursing staff in their place of residence, preferring the now well known advantages of assisted living. What’s new, however, is the concept of irresistibly small assisted living locations, called “Residential Care Homes”—normal suburban houses transformed into comfortable and totally accessible assisted living homes—where surprisingly small numbers of residents and their caregivers quickly become best of friends. …. SHOW MORE
Community Services and Amenities
- Fully licensed and insured.
- Comfortable rooms, private and semi-private.
- Bedroom furnishings provided on request.
- Pleasant sun rooms or patios.
- Activities and entertainment.
- 24-hour care.
- Screened, trained and devoted staff.
- Medication supervision by Registered Nurse.
- Bathing, grooming, dressing assistance.
- Assistance with ambulation as necessary.
- Daily housecleaning and laundry.
- Dementia residents welcome.
- Home-cooked meals.
- Menus planned by registered dietitian.
- Regular visits by hair and nails specialists.
- Frequent care by visiting podiatrist.
Imagine a licensed assisted living facility in a suburban house whose appearance is that of a single-family residence, and whose interior offers the appearance and comforts of a family home, but whose “family” is a group of senior citizens who wish to avoid more crowded conditions but also wish to escape the isolation and expense of home care. Our “Residential Care Homes” offer a quantum leap in the individual attention and affection residents receive, not to mention the emotional comfort they derive from such cozy homelike settings.
In each of our four Academy House locations, friends converge three times a day around a family-style dining table and, most other times, can be found in the den in their favorite chairs for snacks, music and conversation. The comfortable bedrooms are just a few steps away, but the vast majority prefer the company of their friends in the indoor and outdoor common areas.SHOW LESS